RCU Forums - View Single Post - "ML Spattern"
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Omaha_RC_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "ML Spattern"

ORIGINAL: ChrisSpad

woo hoo! There's nothing like it when a plan comes together. And, a YS 120 should have no problems hauling it around the sky - i had an 11 lb (way overweight, but thats a whole other story) Carl Goldberg ultimate bipe, with an OS 120 E surpass on it, and it had plenty of power. A YS should really have plenty of power. Most of the guys in my club with YS 120's were running 16x8's - and i was running a 15x8 on my OS, and turning about the same rpm (don't ask me what it was, though, that was too many moons ago). Anyway, i'm glad it flies nicely. An aluminum tube would defenitely lighten it up some - might even look at a carbon fiber one - i think www.gatorrc.com has the c/f ones. And, if you call them, i think you could get an aluminum one from www.texastowers.com - yep - here's their sizes:
http://www.texastowers.com/aluminum.htm thats where i bought from last time i bought al. tubing.

Anyway, thats a super looking plane! i'm looking forward to seeing it (and meeting you) at SF this year.

I may have to order some tube from Texastowers, @ $1.30/ft. I only need just over 2 ft. Do you have a good sorce for sturdy landing gear? The U-CAN-DO .60 gear, I have on it now, is the right size (dimension wise), but they are just not sturdy enough.

Later,
Omaha