RCU Forums - View Single Post - McCulloch 32cc on a 85" 14.5lb Extra 330?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:24 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: McCulloch 32cc on a 85" 17lb Extra 330?

I'm going to try regualr fuel mix first, going for budget and ease, and I just want to do that for now... might convert later.

I do have another question, what would be a good way to make the firewall? I didn't see the plane when it was put together before and don't have the instructions and don't have that much experience with planes yet, especially this size (my only other planes are 40 size nitro), the way I got the plane was with two sides with two laminated pieces of 1/8" ply and one piece of the 1/8" ply on the bottom, this has the side thrust built in, the bottom corners have basswood triangle stock. what I've done so far is made two plates of some 1/8" ply I have and glued them together then epoxied those in the plane. I bent and cut up some sheet metal into L brackets thinking of putting 6 of them on, two on each side and two on the bottom and using 6-32 nuts and screws, and epoxiing some balsa triangle stock between the brackets, does that sound ok? I'll try to get pics later... what should I do about the top? I was thinking just screwing down a piece of 1/8" ply to make an access pannel to the front part like fuel lines and stuff would be decent, but wanted to know if I should make it solid for structure...