RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAO: CEN RACING. Centre diff for FunFactor?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:11 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FAO: CEN RACING. Centre diff for FunFactor?

5 months? man, ive been working too hard.

but yes, its all as per the last set of pics, but i swapped the pinion for a genny 21 tooth. its running on hpis 2.2" slick tyres and wheels - theyre rubbish. needs foams i reckon. could do with a new shell too unless the foams will fill out the arches of my escudo shell - the slicks look really silly on it.

i offered up the .28 out of interest, and it just wont fit with a 21t pinion due to its extra height over the os .18 - the pinion ends up further round, or higher if u like, on the spur. i expect it would kill the spur and diff too tbh, i still wouldnt mind trying a 1/8 centre diff in the jt chassis tho.
im just converting the jt over to a single speed as and when i can be bothered to fiddle with it, using the genny 43t pinion and an optional alloy hub i picked up a while ago, might be from a tr4 or maybe an early ct4 - no idea really, but it works.
if the gearing etc all works out, then ill look again at the 1/8 centre diff, either on the jt or an ARO chassis, depends on when it happens i guess.

im presuming u would go with a 1/8 diff too? or are u just waiting for this here crash-test dummy to try it first?

distractional contributions - a compromise perhaps? then we can both do away with the comfort blankets.