RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Big plans little budget little knowledge"
Old 06-08-2006, 09:55 PM
LaRgEsCaLeRaCeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Big plans little budget little knowledge"

hey everyone i was looking to make a large scale truck mainly just to mess around with i talked with a mechanic that i work with that can weld and he said he would weld me a frame as soon as i give him plans im not exactly sure how this little project will turn out but so far i have this general idea in my head of what this truck should be

4wd solid axles (i would do independent suspension but this way is so much cheaper and i dont really care about how well it rides because im not going to be riding in it)
im not sure whether i want to go 2stroke or 4stroke on the engine but im leaning towards 4stroke def going to be a gasoline engine idealy it would be able to go around 45-50mph
as far as getting the power to the wheels im at a loss of ideas i dont want to do a chain because its such a pain on my dirtbike to keep having to put the chain back on and adjust the wheel ive taken apart a couple of electric trucks i have but i dont think those setups would work for this application seeing as that the gears are made of plastic so if you have ideas please do not hold back
the frame i am going to weld together a bunch of steel pipes
i dont know about wheels and tires
and if someone could recomend a cheap radio that would be able to handle this beast i would appreciate it
if anyone has fabricated their own large scale truck it would be really helpful if they could give me some pointers and also some pictures
dont get me wrong im not trying to built a state of the art truck that you can fly to the moon here i just want something that is reliable functional and cheap im not going to be racing this truck either i simply want it to mess around with at my hunting camp