RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brillelli Boyz
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brillelli Boyz

If your going to get the Giles 202 and want to fly 3D then I'd say you'll need the Brillelli 40cc. Scott at Brillelli says that the 40cc engine should hover the Giles 202. The 40cc doesn't weigh that much more and with the added power I think it should be just fine. Jstanton has just ordered the 40cc for his Giles 202 and will post a video. Watch for jstantons post.
ORIGINAL: water.boy

Thx Zippi. I looked down a few threads and read the ever obvious thread with Giles and Brillelli in the title. I see a few of you guys fly the Giles and seem to like it. The 26SS looks like a good candidate for this plane for light wing loading and the 40 looks like some great power if you don't mind the 9oz penalty. Do you think it's enough extra weight to make it fly worse or is the extra power hopefully gonna outweigh it. I guess we'll have to wait until it flies. I'll be watching for it!

My biggest/best plane is currently the H9 Showtime w/ a Saito 125. I just put a 17X4W prop on it to try some 3D. After watching Mark Leseberg do the rolling harriers in it, I thought I'd give it a shot. I'll probably try a 16X7 or something to do some pattern stuff, but I'm still relatively new to flying and have more to learn. I just thought gas was the next logical step. I have 15 planes between nitro and electric and it'd be nice to save on fuel and cleanup, which is why I like my electrics.

Thx for all the info. I'll probably get one ordered soon.