RCU Forums - View Single Post - Failsafe failing?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Failsafe failing?

im of the opinion when it comes to electronics and such ie radio gear/ stereo equipment musical equipment RC gear, theres only one statement i can think of that rings true.
Buy Once Cry Once...... i have heard of the Duratrax failsafes having issues on nitros too.. the ingnition CAN cause some issues. i just got the baja a few weeks back, as did my neighbor. mine was glitchy and generally a pain. neighbors is working fine so far. i put in my JR XS3 Pro Tx with a JR RS310 micro Rx. the glitching was mostly releived but still there kicking in the failsafe. the Stock set up is FM, 27Mhz. the Jr is FM Synth in 75Mhz. for me BOTH had issues on the Baja, but on my CT5 onroad the JR works flawlessly. so i bought a Spektrum last week and its not even so much as sneezed with glitching or other issues.

i would say replace the failsafe, its only a 20.00 item. if thats not the problem, its the least amount of money spent for nothing and its always good to have a spare failsafe around. unlike buying a new radio and afterwards finding the 20.00 failsafe was the culprit. for me it has something to do with the ignition causeing interferance, but no idea why my neighbors is fine. unless i got one of the first runs and his came off the line weeks later with some improvments.
Timmahh