RCU Forums - View Single Post - LRP 28 Spec 2 Trash???
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 04:44 AM
JSRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LRP 28 Spec 2 Trash???

I stuck my LRP back in a couple days ago and thought I had some tuning issues. I figured I had an air leak somewhere but everything was already sealed so I was stumped. The motor took alittle longer to die down to an idle and would occasionally rev up at idle. My temperatures never went over 240 as I tried tuning my LSN only (because I figured I had the HSN where I wanted it). So I'm running it and pull it in to make some adjustments and I figured I'd check my glow plug to see how it was doing and I about puked when I saw metal shavings!!! [:@] So I took the LRP out and knew it wasn't gonna be good. I took the back plate off and the first thing I noticed was the connecting rod bearing was disintegrated. It was just sloppy where it connected to the crank. So, how, why, what the heck would cause this? Could it have been anything I've done? I can honestly say I thought I really had the tuning thing down so I'm thinking I couldn't have done it. I keep a close eye on my temps for being low and high. I try not to let em get under 200 and over 240. But anyway, the connecting rod wore a nice groove in my crank case so I'm really not sure I can save it. There are shavings everywhere. What now? I only have at the most 3/4 gallon through this. I'm alittle disappointed. $160 isn't really a big deal but I'm thinking I should still call LRP or Team Associated and talk to them. What do you guys think? I hate to just go out and buy another LRP Spec 3 after this incident (besides I got my eye on the STS 28 which is probably the same engine somehow LOL). []