RCU Forums - View Single Post - New twin design project
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Slowjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New twin design project

I'm catching this in between naps. I have to work tonight and I've been up all day. that'll make for a long night unless the fish are biting. Nightwatch at the harbor/turning basins. I fish in between rounds. Get pd. to fish. Good job!
Sounds like you have just enough room then. If possible use quality materials wherever you can. I used some cheap Dollar Store paint on my Twin Mustang, after a couple of weeks it was still tacky. I even placed the pieces in the oven with the door open to try and cure it but it didn't work so I've had to go thru I don't know how many sheets of sandpaper trying to get that mess off. I got so disgusted and laid it off to the side, went back a few weeks later and it still just gums up the sandpaper and leaves my hands and clothes sticky. The practice piece (unsealed) did fine but the fuselages had been sanding sealed and filled. Might have been a chemical reaction between the two. I don't know but I did wind up with a big mess and a chore plus some. Have a Safe and Sane 4th of July.

Keep us posted with lots of pics,

Slowjohn