RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hornet in the house... :) (not mine..)
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hornet in the house... :) (not mine..)

LOL, thanks for sharing the story..

Yeah, I used broadband a lot.. we use Skype to replace phone and do video conference.. and I got a Slingbox to watch cable TV via internet when not at home.. LOL!! Totally get my $$$ worth.. :P

ORIGINAL: metaldog

Thats cool man ..... you got him one like you were saying. I like the idea of video chat to help him build it too. Man thats the kind of stuff I never could have done back in the 80's. Only a phone back then. Man I remember it was Xmas of '83 or '84 when I got my Frog. I was about 350 miles away from home at my grandfather's house. It was about 1 or 2 in the morning and I was up alone building the Frog all night. I got to the tranny and realized I had no diff lube. I looked around and only found really thick grease. It was REAL thick. I remembered my friends' brother used vaseline for his Frog, so I went to find some. All I could find was neosporin, so yeah you guessed it .... My Frog was lubed up with neosporin ..... I wasn't gonna let anything stop me that night LOL. It ran fine. I eventually bought some lube at the LHS. I say LHS .... it was a toy store in the mall LOL.