RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:57 AM
RunX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can I Have an official Mammoth ST thread?

ssj2...i do not have issues with the chassis(flex) and i do loads of jumps and had couple of real bad cartwheels,but nothing broke!!(lucky i guess).Anyway,i have 100.000 diff oil front and back,45weight shock oil.I have shimed the diffs...but only used three shimms on the inside of drive pinions(pushing it more towards the crown gear no need for side shimming)for minimal clicking under braking because of the strong brakes and acceleration. If u want a good upgrade use a a set of aluminium clutch shoes with firm springs,it grabs very well and the truck will haul and also get in to the powerband better.The axial.28 is a good engine and would recommend it strongly,it holds it tune very well runs cool but do use a cool plug as the engine makes good power when hot! All the servo's are still original,just one thing, thigthen the servo saver a bit more for better steering

If the truck is driven well without trying to be wrappped around a post or jumping a bus,extra braces etc will not be an issue.