RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Wild Stik
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Blindsides
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Wild Stik

I bought a new Wild Stik 120 and maiden-ed it last Friday evening. I used a G-26 with all HiTec gear.

It was a beautifull handling airplane, use big throws! It is pretty docile and the recommended low rate throws will not give you enough elevator for a good landing.

As for the landing, as for having to switch it to high rates to land it all the good thing about the plane left there.

I had a nice smooth landing and the gear immediatly folded in the firewall and engine shot out of the front of the plane. After really looking at the pieces when getting them back to my truck I found that the glue joints on the gear and the firewall were virtually non existant.

BUYER BEWARE! If you have this model put in extra support and make sure the glue joints on the fire wall and main gear are in good condition!

I contacted Goldberg and they will not do anything about it, as far as I am concerned they should remedy the problem as you can not even see the firewalls joints and you have to go inside the fuselage to see the main gear joints.

I was really excited about the plane and I can fix it with not much hassle, it is the idea of it all. I have been flying Goldberg products for years and they thank me by saying it is my problem it came apart on the landing. No matter how easy it was and the lack of glue![&o][&o][&o][&o]