RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good Boat
Thread: Good Boat
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 09:41 AM
johnmCA72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Boat

ORIGINAL: TunerX

I'm looking for good parts for a boat like the inside parts. I mean like the battery,propeller rods, rudders, TRANSMITTER, and push rod sets. If you have any places here in Texas where i can get a good transmitter or "radio" please respond to this message. Thank you for your responce and may i remind every one that its about you and your skill not your boat that does all the work. I say if your the builder your the skill and the speed not the boat. The boat is the art of your hands the creation of your sweat and blood.

P.S. i'm in Godley Texas if you know a place near that area then respond to this message. thank you
You're reasonably close to our home port in Kaufman - some of our members have about the same travel distance as you would. See http://www.ntxbg.org for schedule, maps, etc.

Area hobby shops include Wild Bill's in Irving & Mike's in Carrollton. Neither one stocks multi-channel radios in surface frequencies, though. Most of us web-order.

I usually buy batteries from an electronics shop such as Altex, or a battery supplier. I use almost entirely "gel cell" sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries, & these suppliers generally have the best selection.

"Propeller rods" - I presume you mean shafts - can be made out of rod & tubing from the K&S rack at any hobby shop & many hardware stores.

I always hand-build my own rudders - it's pretty easy.

Push rod sets, I have no idea what you need, but most hobby shops sell threaded rod that can be cut to length, & ball ends, clevises, etc. that can be put together as needed.

JM