RCU Forums - View Single Post - SNOWshoe D.N.U. CANADIAN Edition
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 05:51 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SNOWshoe D.N.U. CANADIAN Edition

Well I had finished my testing ,and got Visitors, just after ,I cleaned of my test bench(picnic table) and brought ,everything, back inside the house.Anyways ,I burned lots of fuel,nearly 15 ounces.I did spend, about 5 hours, at this. I did learn lots.I used Omega 15%nitro,Sig Champion fuels @25%,and 35%, nitro too.Props were a 6"X3"Windsor,5.5"X3",+5"X4" Tornados..I also ran 1 test, with Peter Burfords prop @ 6'X3",Wow, Blew the Windsor,shamefully away !! I also tried ,a Cox Thimble Drome ,5"X3" ,I wasn`t impressed,maybe in the air, it might be better,but ,compared to the other tests, on the bench ,this prop needs ,crutches ,and, a wheelchair.[&:]..I tested every type of fuel,with, every type of prop,and varied the compression with the shims useing 1-3 shims ..I took notes all along..I`ve made, a results chart, of my findings.I hope, it`s understandable ,for everyone..This engine now has a total of 7 tanks of fuel(about 17 ounces) through it, since ,it was first started up.. I`m now uploading a video,it shows, the Best run of the day,and, the first time the throttle, is unwired, from WOT,and manualy operated.I did not put this run on my Chart,but I veered from the flow of things slightly and got a bit more RPMs for the effort..As soon, as the video is loaded, I`ll make another post, with the link,to it...Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49239.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	493591