RCU Forums - View Single Post - Marez on Parallel Operation - One more time.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Marez on Parallel Operation - One more time.

ORIGINAL: Flying Geezer

I also use the parallel system with Nicad and NiMh packs and have had no problems. I also respect Eloy's opinion on the subject. I don't care how others rig for redundancy. I've been OK with the parallel system.

I'm just confused. I've seen post from Red that infer that Eloy promotes products for payola, and has insinuated that Mr. Marez is nothing short of an imbecile.

With Red's above post. Does he think Eloy is lying about the manufacturer's statements, or does he disagree, (assuming Eloy is an honest man), with the manufacturer's statements.

And yes, you'd better know your charger. Chargers with low side current sensing will fool you by doing a sufficient job as long as the packs are reasonably well matched, (sometimes). When the packs aren't well matched they can wreak havoc.
Is Mr. marez an imbecile? I would not call him that with all his electronic expertise. Unfortunately this expertise does not extend into battery technology to any depth. So find another word for someone that refuses to accept evidence when presented by hundreds of cases over a number of years.?

Is he lying about manufactures statements - Not exactly, he picks and chooses to support his flawed argument. We all know that manufacturers faced with constant litigation will go out of their way to warn against anything that could possibly be interpreted as being dangerous. If they say parallel discharge is OK, they they are faced with litigation when someone who doesn't kknow the difference between charging and discharging gets himself in trouble. Our R/C application is unique in that it is one of the few applications where parallel discharge can be accompanied by the proper series charge.