RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good Boat
Thread: Good Boat
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 12:09 AM
aircoffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Boat

If you go to modelwarshipcombat.com, there is a link for Ohio. I think they just got there website back online. As for best ship, well that's like beauty, it's all in the eye of the beholder. The cruisers pack a bit of a punch and have speed. The bigger modern battleships are fast too, lots of guns, but can't turn as well. Most battlecruisers are good all around, some speed, guns, and can take some damage. Here in Minnesota, myself and another member of port polar bear, both scratch built our first ships. Yes, we're nuts!! Pete built a Gearing class destroyer, its small, fast, nimble and has one gun and a small pump. I built the Rivadavia, a WW1 dreadnought. It's the slowest class of warship, but it's got 4 guns, a large pump, and can turn on a dime. We are both having the usual breaking in period. For a beginner, (and this is coming from a beginner), I'd recommend a heavy cruiser or a battlecruiser. Save the bigger ships for later. The Des Monies class, Moltke class, or Lutzow are all good choices. Remember, this is just my opinion, and everybody has a different opinion based on what they like. Here is a link to Pete's build page for his destroyer. http://workspace.wamnet.com/~pelliso...SSEllison.html