RCU Forums - View Single Post - First kit/get back into it plane
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Paladin049

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First kit/get back into it plane

Hey, folks...need your advice, please. I am looking to build my first airplane kit, and at the same time use this plane got work back into the hobby. I have not flown in over 2 years. I'd like something other than a full-fledged trainer, as I think I would get back into the groove quickly, but at the same time I don't want to over-reach and drill a hole in the ground! My prior experience was mostly with an Avistar, and some time with a Big Stik 40 as well. I was pretty good with those, doing basic aerobatics and such.

I was thinking of a SIG Four Star 60, as from all I read it floats on landing, is tame with proper control throws, and yet will fly a pretty full envelope when you increase those throws. As I have an older OS .91 four-stroke on hand, I figured a .60-size kit would be about right. I'd prefer a semi-symmetrical wing even on a high-wing bird, with less dihedral than a true trainer.

My thoughts were that a few sessions on a buddy box with an instructor would knock the rust off and once I re-soloed a bird such as the Four Star would allow me to grow more quickly.

What would you recommend?

Thanks for the input!