RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk build
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 06:27 PM
eaglelope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk build

Not certain about the weight, I don't have anything other than bathroom scales at the moment. Taking the diffenrence in weight with me holding the plane and not, it looks like 7 pounds. I'll try to find something with a little better accuracy.

If you look at the leading edge of my wings, you'll see that they are red. I originally covered the whole wing in white Monokote and planned to paint the leading edge with LustreKote (bad idea). I trimmed off the ugly results and covred the LE with Metallic Red MonoKote that overlapped the white by about 1/4". The seam faced away from the slipstream.

I must have not ironed the seam down very well on the right wing panel because the white came up from under the red and was instantly ripped off in the slipstream. The red trim on the LE was stilll intact with no residue from the white that was underneath it. I gotta blame that on my poor workmanship. That sudden ripping was the pop/swoosh/flutter sound I heard. I like the ack-ack Chipmunk explanation better though.

I got her covered again (cutting stars in blue MonoKote is getting old) and back in the air last week. So far, so good....

Mark