RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best 2 Stroke Oil
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Madmann135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best 2 Stroke Oil

the comment of more oil the more heat does raise a few questions.

It is said that oil is how to cool an engine from inside, the better the oil the less friction there is and therefore the less heat.
Now withNitro engines Castor oil protects against friction better and carries some of the heat with it out of the exhaust.

One could say that more oil increases heat but then Oil also helps cool the engine. It must be the lean setting of the needles as the oil content in the fuel is inreased.

Now with my limited knowledge of engines I would think that more oil to a degree of safety should in Theory help reduce engine temptures.

But I'm a high quality oil kind of person. Oil keeps the parts of the engine from burning out, being destroyed and such. With my nitro engines I'm always adding more castor and synthedic oils to my fuel to help keep teptures in check from my heavy throttle finger.

Though my limited field of knowledge is on fuel burn and oil quality I must say The oils you use and how much oil you use does dictate the way you can drive your vehicles. Be it conservative or run them into the ground and expect them to work when your done.

I say Oils is the one thing you should do your homework on because they can mean the diffrence between a few runs or an engine that last longer than any part of the vehicle.