RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Funtana 40
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 01:44 PM
T.W.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Funtana 40

Daveopam: Thanks for telling me where your Funtana balanced. My cg is just a little further forward than yours was, but I'm content with it at the moment now it doesn't flick-roll when I tight-loop it - and now that I can float it right down to the ground when landing. I don't need to push the stick more than 1mm for inverted, and I'm comfortable flying inverted 8's, inverted stall turns, tight bunts and spins either way up - and it exits spins immediately too. The current cg seems fine for me. It's keeping me amused and isn't going to catch me out whenever I drop my guard

Dlwood: From your description I can guarantee that you have a completely different wing to the one I have. Mind you, I think my whole model was a "Friday afternoon" job anyway. Some of the visible joints are very poor, they are so bad that they look to have been glued into the wrong place in the model ! Also the port and starboard wings turned-out to be different thicknesses - and both are 1/8-inch thicker at the tip than they are at the root! The supplier offered to replace my Funtana as soon as he saw my pix. But I had only noticed how bad it was whilst I was finishing installing my radio gear (sheesh!). I haven't heard from him since I asked if he wanted me to cut-off the control surfaces and stabs so that I can get everything back into the box . . . . strange, not ! In the meantime, and on the assumption that a replacement will not be forthcoming, I decided to just fly it! I suppose I'm lucky that it actually flies at all!

Tony