RCU Forums - View Single Post - Waverunners
Thread: Waverunners
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Raylon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Waverunners

Old post here I see. I see my old GP and think of it and how much I still love it. It made way for a newer GP1300R not long ago. It's a good ride. Fast as heck stock. Topped out currently at 65.1, GPS. It had some problems so we took it back to shop and are gettings some mods put on it. New impeller, intake grate, free flow exhaust, and a pump seal kit. The old impeller also got bent up somhow, so it also had to be replaced, an dwhy not with a better one. I love to see what largescaleracer said. Why waste time on a GP instead of an RXP? Well, let's consider the fact that an RXP is only for the kind of person that likes to rebuild there engine every 1-2 years. Not fun if you ask me.

I know of a guy at the Ozarks with two RXP's, and he has dumped lots of money into both of them, around 50 grand total. My brother talked to him recently and he asked it the rumors were true about having to rebuild the motors, and he said it is true, and that they lose about 10%-15% of their power each year depending on how much they are sued. I almost didn't beleive the rumor, but I will never doubt him. He is one of only three people in the world to receive a prototype motor for the RXP's. He races his RXP, and works with Sea-Doo. He didn't shar ethe exact details but he said it will go over 75 without trying. Hopefully this one holds it power.

While at the Yamaha dealer, we foudd out that Yamaha is releasing a beast that will destroy the current RXP's. Forget the 200 HP range, try around 300HP. They are going to try and release this verion, but right now they are doubting it because insurance companies aren't wanting to ensure it. They said it it fails they are going to drop it to 250HP. Can't wait to see it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35545.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	502192