RCU Forums - View Single Post - Draganflyer 3 battery Mods?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Ar300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LI-poly batteries

I just got the li-poly batteries. they are 4 cell, 14.8 volts and 1950mA. I am using it on my draganflyer I, which has been upgraded to the DFIII frame.
The batteries seem to be too powerful. The reason I say this, is that even in a basic ground effect hover, there is terrible oscillation. the gyros react to slight motions, or vibrations, that are always present, even at a calm takeoff, and the frame starts to move back in the opposite direction of the slight, original motion. Next, the gyros react to the first reaction, and so on. It happens even if I am holding it in my hands, it oscillates side to side (all sides), all by itself.

I have seen this when I first got the 12v 600mA batteries, but that was very slight, barely noticable. It did not happen at all with the original battery, a 9.6v 600mA.

Its too bad, because the li-poly batteries really do last a very long time. But it might be better if their voltage was lower?

-------------------------------

update, as soon as DF heard about my troubles, they said that they would like to exchange it for the new 3 cell li-poly they have, which has more mA than the 4 cell one, and should last up to 20 minutes, I will keep posting on how those run, as soon as I get the new battery.