RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone still running a Flitecraft Miss Outlaw?
Old 08-07-2006, 07:05 AM
XD_Dan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone still running a Flitecraft Miss Outlaw?

So, I pulled the old Miss Outlaw out of the closet, cleaned her up, and went through the motor (all was well). I got her back in the water yesterday after a 5 year hibernation. The weather was perfect when we first arrived to the pond. The old SuperTigre 45ABC fired right up, but it will need a little fine tuning. My son and I ran the airboat for about 5 minutes and it ran well, albeit a little sluggish, until the pressure line from the muffler to the fuel tank popped off. She lost power and died pretty quickly.....in the middle of the pond. A gentle breeze kicked up and started to blow the boat slowly back to shore. My son & I thought it would be a good time to drop his Nitro Hammer in the water for a few laps. The NH was running well until it hit something (probably a turtle) and broke off the rudder. Shortly after the Miss Outlaw came to shore, the wind picked up and cut our day short.
Oh well...next time.

Is there anyone still running a Miss Outlaw? I understand that Flitecraft went out of business years ago after the death of the owner. What is the likelyhood of getting replacement parts?

I wish I had some pics. Some people on this forum have probably never seen a Miss Outlaw. I'll try to post some pics soon.