RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine
Old 08-07-2006, 02:42 PM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine

AirTech,

As it was, I would only have needed canopy and cowl. Since I didn't "crash" it so much as perform a REALLY hard harrier landing, there was no real "impact damage" to anything...just stress damage from the landing. In fact (as I mentioned above) I'm selling the serviceable components (except the canopy...I have a plan for that *heh*) in the marketplace (I hope this is legal..if not, mods/admins please edit this post) over here : http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=213248

I certainly COULD have fixed it but...eh...time to move on. The Patty awaits building (though it'll get a different motor than the SPE-40 as it turns out), the motor and electronics all have homes planned for them...onward and upward we go.

water.boy : My BCMA SPE-40 flew the Yak quite well. Once broken in, it was certainly capable of hovering the plane, and lately the engine's come around enough that it WOULD pull out...it just did it in much the same way a snail might pull out of...well...anything. This was with a 20x8 Menz prop.

I'd tried NUMEROUS props on the plane, and had found that < 20" diameter wasn't enough, and anything 6" or less pitch was too slow for my tastes. I've got a couple of 20x7 Menz props on the way that i really expected would be PERFECT, and would give that extra couple hundred RPM to make her really shine, but alas...they didn't arive before the sad demise.