RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thanks for moving!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2002, 07:45 AM
kwmtp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub Forum??

I'm not sure if there is a forum appropriate to contain Autogyro info as a sub-catagory. Autogyros are different from other forms of R/C aircraft. They do not fly like fixed wing, or helicopters. The similarity between Autogyros and Heli's stops with the fact that they both have rotor blades(Which we know aren't the same either). Those of us who fly them realize that it isn't easy to design and build a succesful model, which is probably why there's so few of us. If it were easy to fly and build Autogyros, then everyone would try it! The majority of the Gyronuts I have met have extensive aviation and aerodynamic backgrounds, yet there is still a lot to figure out.
One would think that if something as mundane as a "BATTERY" deserves it's own catagory, the Autogyro belongs on a front page to be experienced by all. I have been to many fields in my area, and with exception of some of the Old Timers, most of the people have never heard of an Autogyro. We owe it to the future generations to let Autogyros live in R/C modeling. I think we should all pitch in and build the Administrator an Autogyro to get him hooked, that is if he's up to the challange of something entirely different than all the other forms of R/C aircraft.

Just my humble opinion,
CW3 Mike Hambrecht
U.S. Army Aiation
Test Pilot