View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 09:05 AM
Tripower455
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aircraft tail trap

ORIGINAL: Tommygun

ORIGINAL: KW_Counter

Ignore Tommygun - he won't be with us long!
I don't know, I've been doing it that way for nearly 20 years, so I guess your definition of "long" is different than mine. If you are unable to hold on to a model airplane, I'd be concerned something else would get you, like a gust of wind. I guess for extended running such as for engine break in they aren't bad. I adjust the needle with the nose pointing up so it won't lean out in a climb. A tail holder will be of little use in this situation.

I find it ironic that a lot of the guys that are the most anal and nasty about "safety" stuff on the ground, are absolutely dangerous when it comes to flying these things. Almost without exception, the guys that are the nastiest and most insistant are the worst flyers. I make a beeline for the shelter when a couple of the "safety" officers fly at my club field, and it's been like that in every club I've belonged to in my 26 year R/C career. Some guys need to exercise control over others.....

I am no Don Lowe, but I usually go home with the same number of unbroken airplanes (and fingers ) that I came to the field with.

I am never to old to take good advice though, and usually use a tail restraint nowadays, especially on the 4 strokes that need a minute or 2 to warm up.