RCU Forums - View Single Post - ANybody look at this yet?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 11:43 AM
rmgmag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ANybody look at this yet?

ORIGINAL: lwatson

I have one. I put a Hacker A20/20L on it with a 1800 Lipo. 21.5 oz auw. Wonderful knife edges and hovers. Fliton is upset because this is exactly the Prodigy direct from the factory, at under half the price. They are trying to sue them in China. (good luck)

I personally think Fliton's overpriced this ($160). In fact, I would not even have considered it at that price. Lets say the factory is actually producing these for $30. Shipping is probably $10, The distributor is probably going to get $25. This leaves $95 bucks for Fliton.

Somehow Eflight is able to support not only the distribution channel but also the retail channel and put a plane like the Funtana on the shelf for $80. (A larger, better made plane)

So, I guess I don't have much sympathy for Fliton. But I do love the plane, and actually plan on buying some other aircraft from Fliton. Like the Rogue 3D and Extra. They just priced this one way too high.
It looks great but the've got the weight listed as 1,238 grams or about 42 oz. Is that correct? Is a Hacker A20/20L enough of a motor for that weight?