RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lets See Some Fun Fly Plane Pics
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 12:14 PM
NE0
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets See Some Fun Fly Plane Pics

jnjacksn,

Absolutely, you have to work in your "comfort zone." I have 2 Macs and 4 PCs. Each one is set up for a different task/s. No good mechanic has only one tool in his box... a good designer understands that with computers, no one tool is best for all jobs as well.

I would never want to be restricted to either the Mac or PC platform, they each have their strengths. I use the Macs for all graphics, web and print design but use the PCs for animation, video and of course gaming. Besides, they don't make RealFlight for the Mac! ;-)

The key to really cool schemes isn't really in what computer you use, or even your skills at applying the covering. (Bubbles don't show at 10 feet plus!) The real key is simply having an eye for good design, color theory, symmettry, balance, etc. There is no substitue for research, testing ideas, planning and a lot of patience.

Don't just throw something together... think it through. Then when you're done, walk away, come back later and think it through again. This will provide you a much more refined, well-designed scheme rather than an impulse covering job.

Of course, experience will make you faster and better at it and good software applications will improve your graphics quality and complexity... this is all a given. I can't imagine covering a plane though without giving it a "virtual reality" covering job on a computer first. Let's you see what you're gonna get before you even buy your first roll of MonoKote.

Neo