RCU Forums - View Single Post - Junk Room Desk - Current State... Pics now...
Old 08-21-2006, 12:49 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Junk Room Desk - Current State... Pics now...

Will have the hardness meter tomorrow...

Couple of pics of what fiddling Ive done. Gone for some bracing on the chassis and following on from the top plate to the brake seat. Took me the whole of a half hour. Its only thin 10x10 aluminium angle, but hoping for the "strength in form" thing to work. That and a bit of 8mm round alloy bar across the shock towers should do it.

Getting a bit frustrated with the header tho. I simply wanted a straight, .21+ sized header. Just 1.25" long will do - but no, they all bend off one way or another, yes, Ive looked at hundreds of em. You can see what I mean in one of the pics that shows where the savage header needs to go to meet up with a shortish OS pipe thats on its way. Pipe will be mounted "backwards", obviously, but it gives a much shorter header length than my last Heath Robinson effort.

Oh - the Ofna tank that digout used on his truck - I cant find it anywhere online. The part number is 17067 and is listed as an Ofna 90cc fuel tank. Its that long skinny one, maybe from the Pirate(?), was called a "Racing Tank" by digout if that helps... Any help is much appreciated on this one, pretty please.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28748.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	510776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61521.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	510777