RCU Forums - View Single Post - Replacement motor for Firebird Freedom
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 05:22 PM
tomjoruss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacement motor for Firebird Freedom

Hello all,
Since I started this thread I have learned a little more about some of the things you all are talking about. As far as batteries, If you are using the plug in dc charger that came with the plane it is useless. I had read some threads that when you throw the plane for take off it dips the left wing and if not thrown hard enough will crash. I believe that this is from not having a charger that will charge to peak. I was at the local hobby shop and found a used Superbrain 959 charger (used) for 20 dollars and man what a difference!!! It charges the battery using the default setting in about 10 minutes from almost totally dead. And even though you are charging at a faster rate I still get between 10 and 15 minutes per flight. And when you throw the plane it pretty much jumps out of your hand, there is no dipping of the wing. I even had to adjust the elevator because it was climbing too fast. Depending on how fast I run the motor. Also My last 6 flights have been without a crash. So things are getting better a little wind still makes me nervous sometimes but In little or no wind I seem to be doing ok. Thanks for all of your input. If you have any more questions, now that I'm an expert
or any comments feel free to post and I will check them out

Thanks All,
Tomjoruss