RCU Forums - View Single Post - Online Spelling Mafia
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 05:37 PM
bonedaddy41
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Spelling Mafia

Ok folks, I know this has been mentioned before but things are getting out of hand AGAIN!!

People need to remember - this is a forum for discussion of a topic we all enjoy - RC Modeling. This is not meant as a place to expound on your particular level of intelligence and your ability to spell “zymurgy“. If you have to look that word up to make sure I spelled it correctly then you should NEVER complain about the way somebody else spells in their posts. Things are meant to be easy and friendly for us all. If somebody mistakenly misuses “there” for “they’re” or “their” and you have a difficult time figuring out what was actually meant, maybe you are the one that needs the help and not the poster. If you really believe that each post must be worded and spelled in a precise fashion then I suggest we make a new rule right here and now. From hence forth, all discussions will be conducted using only PROPER 16th century English. By PROPER I do not mean the gutter English of the streets of England in the 1500’s but the PROPER English used in the courts. If you need guidance you may refer to your handy King James version of The Holy Bible. You may even use your copy of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare. After all, if we are going to be total buttheads about it we should at least be educated buttheads. Then the next time Barney needs help repairing the firewall after an aborted takeoff it will at least be “flowery”.

My Accomplished Masters. I pray thou art in good health and thy experience might encompass my need. Behold, as I attempted to begin flight, nought knowing of whence the terra firma separations were, did remove the firewall structure from whence it once was. Alas, poor dowel pins! They held it not, Horatio. Twas too much for them to bear. If thou dost possess the knowledge and experience related to restoration of wood of dissimilar porosity steep with oil, I would pronounce my thanks and bestow blessing of thou name to the King. Be Well. Bernard.

I don’t know. I still prefer:

hay guys I need yur hep. I toar the firewall outta my avistar when I hit a crack in the runaway. The wood is oil soaked. whuts the best way to fix it? I would shure appresheate yur hep. tanks man. barney

Of course there are other options. I have been in the IT Industry for 25+ years and we can choose from other languages. C, C++, C#, Pascal (UCSD or Turbo), Delphi, Java, J++, J#, COBOL, FORTRAN, ASM, RPG, PL1. Then I could join the ranks of the buttheads and correct everybody’s syntax errors.

Let's keep it real ... and keep it fun.