RCU Forums - View Single Post - 40% Carden Extra 330 New Build
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 03:15 PM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 40% Carden Extra 330 New Build

Install the stabs on the stab tube. Tack glue a piece of 3/8th sq. to hold both stabs on zero. With a soft pencil mark the outline of the stab airfoil on the fuse. Remove the stabs and draw a line through the center of the airfoil. From the leading edge come back on the center line 1 inch and drill a 1/4 inch hole using the brass tubing as a hole saw. Do both sides. Reinstall one stab half and set up to dead 0..Through the opposite side slide the brass tubing through the fuse and out the hole the stab is set to 0 on. Drill the 1/4inch hole into the stab 2 inches deep. This will set the correct angle to remove the stab with the root angle taken into account. With a 1-1/4 hole saw cut out 2 donuts from 1/4 birch ply. Epoxy these on the inside of the fuse for the anti rotation pin to set into. I shimmed the drill bit hole and installed a 3/16 drill bit in my hole saw arbor. I usually hand sand the holes in the donuts to make a perfact fit on the dowels. Very simple mod. If you want to use the plastic L brackets supplied by Carden I would make the root rib out of light ply to reinforce the hole cut in the stab. Waynes pins are 2 inches in the stab and 3/4's of an inch into the fuse..Hope this helps,Walt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89896.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	512623