RCU Forums - View Single Post - WALKERA 37
Thread: WALKERA 37
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 01:25 PM
W37 Cepeda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 37

The reason I shorten the antenna on the Df60 and only by 1 3/4 of the wavelengh, is to de-sensatize it. This fixed the over sensative state of the RX unit and made the glitching go away.

This is no means is a solution! PLEASE BE ADVICED. If you cut to much or to little, you will reduce the reception range or even worse introduce noise harmonics. Also you will not change the frequency range if you cut the wire. The frequency is already set by the crystal oscillator circuit in your remote and the reciever. Cutting the wire inproperly will reduce your distance on how far you can fly the helicopter.

So don't do it. I normally fly the helicopter not no more than 40 feet away from me. And that is usauly to much, cause I can't see it as clearly.

Army, as for you problem.. you might want to separate a bit the wires going from the ESC to the motor. You could be arcing. This happened to me. Also on my DF37, I was gltiching alot, one solution was I took the crystal out of the remote control, and reversed the installation. It made a big difference. Just pull the tab out, and install it the the other way, Test. if it gets worse, then pull it out again, and install the previouse way.

ORIGINAL: armycopter

Hey cepeda, what does shortening the antenna do? I have been noticing a small "glitch" on my 37 over the past month or so, which I cannot trace down. It usually happens only once during a 20 minute flight. What happens is, while I'm hovering, the motor seems to cut off for less than half a second and then it recovers. It's not a major glitch, it's more annoying than anything. It does not cause the aircraft to do anything more than lose an inch or two of altitude and yaw slightly. I don't know if this is a receiver or esc problem. It really doesn't affect my flying and it almost always happens only once during a flight. My receiver is all the way to the back of the frame, while my esc is mounted on the side. The antenna routes forward through the frame and then back down through the tube connected to the gear.

Any thoughts?