RCU Forums - View Single Post - Only Time can Heal Me Now
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 04:39 PM
BIGUGLYSTICK
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only Time can Heal Me Now

I am writing this in memory of my father who passed away last wednesday evening of cancer. He introduced me to this hobby which I hold so dear when i was just a little boy. I'd spend every minute i could just watching him build or work on his planes, knowing when i got older i'd get to fly them also. The sad thing is, when he re-married he sold his models to buy his wife a ring. I never lost the fever for planes and a few years later i bought an old Sureflite j-3 cub. He helped me get everything set up on it and I couldn't have been more thrilled. Although he never started flying planes again, he continued to help me with mine until the end. I received a phone call fom him right after he found out he as ill, asking if I knew where a plane was that he wanted to fly with me again. He never got the chance, as the lord took him home last week. as I set here writing this, my heart is absolutely torn apart. It seems as though life stopped and nothing else matters. i know only time can heal my pain. I too have a young son that loves my planes and i'll pass this on to him. I owe my great love for this hobby to my father who got me started when i was young. He will be greatly missed. In summary, please get a young person started in a hobby. Whether it be rc or hunting and fishing. In the end, it'll mean more to them than words could ever express. Thanks!