RCU Forums - View Single Post - BME 115 is Shipping and Flying
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 02:33 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BME 115 is Shipping!!!

Wow I just had a great morning. First I went dove hunting and finished by 7:00. Then I decided to come home and run my 115.

Disclaimer: I know props and needle setting vary and really do not mean that much, but I am going to present them anyway. The engine was run at BME and needles adjusted prior to shipping. I believe Keith does this with all his engines.

After letting the engine warm at a high idle, I decided to do a quick tach on a Menz-s 27x10. (first run) With my trusty TNC in hand, it seemed to hit 6700+ hmm. I am not going to go WOT for more than a second or two with a new engine on the ground and burn it up. The next run I noticed if I goosed it there was a hesitation. First order of business, richen the low. Now the hesitation is gone. Time to slowly advance and see what mid range looks like. Wow! No 4 stroking at all, just smooooth as glass, So smooth it was almost scary. Well, since I usually like to run a couple of flights a little on the rich side, I decided to richen the high. Still smooth as glass and no 4 stroking, I richened it more. I did this a couple of times until I thought it was plenty rich. (I always do the top first, but today I wasn’t thinking) The 115 also seems to run cooler than its brother the 110.
Now time to pull out the tach again and see what a 28x10 Mejz will do,,, 6600rpm..hmm that’s nice. My 110 would only hit about 6400-6500 when leaned properly.
This engine would idle smoothly at 1100rpm which I thought was good for the first or second run of it’s life. The compression has been amazing from the get go.

I think Keith has a real winner here and I do like the 110, but the 115 does out shine it. It was truly amazing how smooth it was from idle to WOT and this was on the first tank of fuel with a little needle adjusting.

Edit--everytime I read this I find more spelling and grammar mistakes[:@] I think I will just let it be. You get the point