RCU Forums - View Single Post - LIL WIZARD
Thread: LIL WIZARD
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Centurion13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LIL WIZARD

Just got a Li'l Wizard from a fellow in Tacoma. Still in the wrapper. Ebay. Looked at the wing and it's an airfoil shape, so it will be tough to replace it with something a bit bigger. I would like to modify the wing for more area (along the lines of the Stuntman 23, another boardwing I tried and failed to get from Ebay), and possibly increase the area of the elevator.

I may have to forgo the wonderful airfoil shape wing (can anyone tell me if it is more effective than a straight plank?), because it is just too small. Also, going to adjust the CG if I can, to about 20% behind the leading edge, if my memory serves me.

I usually design and build my own, but I need something 'off the shelf' for quick building. Thought I would deconstruct the really old Stuntman 23 and copy the parts, but even after successfully taking it apart, the model (over 30 years old) will be hard to copy. The wing was built up out of four seperate pieces of sheet balsa.

I would probably have been better off with a Jumpin' Bean, but boardwings are fun to fly, too, and the cheapest way I know to get the neighborhood kids involved.

Cent13