RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tell us what the AMA means to you? Insurance only or more. Please Vote!
Old 01-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Dave Bowles
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mike Wiz

Nice post and my thoughts as well. AMA is the one thing that makes Model Aviation a National Hobby and keeps us all on the same page concerning many issues .

I guess I am going to have to face up to the reality that Model Aviation Hobby is not what it was when I started, and many of the people in it don't have the Passion for the Hobby like I and Many of the people I started with have. I can see that to the Majority of the people today it is just a RECREATION, like Golf , Water Craft or Video Games. They only care they have is their own satisfaction with flying , this is why most don't know what AMA is all about and why they don't participate in their clubs or vote in the AMA elections, Why they never volunteer to work events or show up on trainer night, or even mow the grass at the field. Its just entertainment .. To bad for the Hobby, good for the manufactuers.

I know if it wern't for the people that I got started with at Age 12 or so, My life would have been less than Zero ,