RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hi tec reliablility
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 08:27 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi tec reliablility

I'm on the other side of the fence on this Hitec quandary. I have well over 100 Hitec digitals. Recently been experimenting with the 5600 series non-coreless digitals. I expect a lot from servos, thus far I am very happy... I have never had any problems, haven't lost a model, no software issues... I highly recommend them... My flying buddies and I have been using them with Futaba and JR equipment.

There are many that have problems with Hitec servos, specifically the 5600 series has been plagued with problems, supported by the number of problems I have seen expressed here at RCU... Apparently there were/are some issues that have been resolved. I also believe many user's have had problems with the application, installation and implementation of these servos. There have been situations where servo extensions, wyes, servo connectors, manufacturer specific RX signal degradation, power supplies and so fourth that have been thrown into the mix of the reported failures, all of which were the actual problem.

Consider the numbers of these units Hitec sales compared to others. I am sure they are very high, it makes sense that you hear of more user problems with any item that is sold on a four or five to one basis as compared to all the rest. I didn't just make up this number either my LHS, which is HUGE suggested this based on their sales. The guys that have problems with the other's just don't voice it, they accept. It's normal... Remember the numbers are small in comparison to units sold.

I'll go one step farther, I fly mostly GS Aerobat's with some racers, helis and scale stuff thrown in to the mix. With my GS Aerobats we've damaged, wore out, burned up numerous examples of the other major players digital offerings... I calculated it once about a year ago approximately a 17% failure rate as compared to none with the Hitec's... In defense of the other guys it seems like they too, have finally worked through their deficiencies.

I like the ability to program the Hitec's operating parameters, the unconditional gear train warranty, [have not worn any out yet though], cost and the incredible service I have received when I crash damage Hitec stuff.