RCU Forums - View Single Post - think a tower 75 at 90$ is great? what about a mag 91 at 63$ then???
Old 09-07-2006, 03:44 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: think a tower 75 at 90$ is great? what about a mag 91 at 63$ then???

All:

Got my two SY 91 engines Wednesday. One was an ASP S91AR, the other was a Magnum XLS91A, both complete with boxes and tools, but no instructions or warranty cards.

Not worried about the instructions or the warranty, other than the cast-in brand markers and one other “Small” item, they are identical. Neither has the bits for conversion to remote needles, I don’t like remote needles anyhow. No loss.

High quality engines, nicely fitted, both have chrome plated liners and both ends of the con rods have bronze bushes, and a locating pin to be certain the sleeve is in the correct position. No trash in either engine. Nice.

But. The ASP’s chromed sleeve is steel, with a ringed piston. The Magnum is a true ABC. I ordered these engines for a new twin, I didn’t think they would not send a matched pair so I did not specify such.

Does anyone have a new or near new example of either of these engines to trade for one NIB? Or maybe a new piston and liner set of either type available?

I would go back to Peak Model about it, but their website has gone off somewhere. Trying to get in contact with the company that shipped the engines (GuangXingLong Trade Co. Ltd) has not been successful.

Bill.