RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine
Old 09-07-2006, 06:32 PM
chemoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine

I completed my Yak about a month ago, and have been moving back the CG ever since from its orginal 5 1/4 inches (which like AirTech, took 4 oz lead in the nose). It has a BME 44cc with three servos in the tail. After about the 7th flight, I have settled on 6 1/4, which is just at the back of the wing tube. The balance test I have learned is a 45 degree upline, then go inverted, and having the upline maintained with only the slightest down pressure on the elevators. I'm not quite there.

With the balance I now have, the plane flys well, but has more of a tendency to slightly nose up on landing than I am used to. Those who preceed me in giant scale tell me that giving the plane no up elevator, or even a bit of down elevator on landing takes some getting used to - which explains some of my hard landings. When I kept up the speed as indicated, I have done much better. I would appreciate comments/advice from those more experienced.

With all that said, this plane is a blast to fly. Super performance. Way superior to anything I have flown 60 sized areobatic.