RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 .60 size Spitfire with flaps
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 06:34 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hangar 9 .60 size Spitfire with flaps

Phantom - i was giving some more options to anyone who might be interested, and was not necessarily trying to educate you. However, how would I know you are a Spitfire "freek"? None of the pics of your planes show a spitfire.

As far as general quality of H9 vs world models planes-
I have both the H9 60 size mustang and I am now assembling the world 60 size mustang. the world mustang has superior retracts compared to the H9 mustang retracts - the H9 retracts have weak wire struts which allow way too much wobble. the world 60 size retracts have good size strut wires which look strong enough, but they have weak plastic frames and I don't use plastic frame gear from sad experience with Robart plastic frame gear on my first mustang- a Top Flite 60 size. I recommend Spring Air retracts if you want wire struts. www.retracts.com
I am trying out a set of Robart 511W1 retracts on the world 60 size to see how they compare to Spring Air.

The world mustang is built stronger than the H9 mustang. the H9 mustang has better looking sanding and covering. However, the covering on the H9 mustang peeled off the fuselage and wing after a season, so I had to replace the covering back to the wing on the fuselage and in the wing midsection. the world mustang has airfoil shaped tail surfaces, where the H9 has flat ones.

I tend to agree with Richard L. about the overall cost of the KMP plane vs the H9 or world models planes. However I prefer to see the plane first hand before I buy it and so far I haven't seen the KMP spitfire.

Ed