RCU Forums - View Single Post - the prefect platform for aerial photography
Old 09-16-2006, 08:48 AM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the prefect platform for aerial photography

Thanks for the very detailed Reply Steve Molmer,

I can do some of the things you recommended. I build switching regulators for all my equipment anyways filtered by large tantilum capacitors, so replacing the video regulator on the TX will be an easy task I tried a preamp for the RC Receiver with disastourous results, but that was due to using step up switching DC to DC converter to power it, the preamp and the receiver really hated that [:@] I am a ham and use 50 mhz so I may be able to buy a notch filter that will work.

I dont have a scope or a SWR meter that will work at 2.4 GHZ, so most of those things are out []

What I could do is modify a COP receiver to tune all the frequencies if I had the schematic how to hook up a different controller for it. Do you find the COP to be much more sensitive than the Lawmate receivers ? That would be worth doing if there is a large difference between the performance of the receivers.

I look foward to your high altitude flight reports, etc. BTW, why are you using a glow engine ? Gas is MUCH more reliable, gives better endurance, does not put a castor oil mess on the plane, and works good to about 18,000 feet. Dont ask me how I know, I just do

JettPilot