RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flat land Dynamic Soaring?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 01:16 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Flat land Dynamic Soaring?

Can we all have a big round of applause for lvspark?....... Take a bow there sparky.... you've eaned it.

Thanks for those vids. All the DS references I've seen before were related to using a slope. I had no idea that we could use a tree line or how. Now I think I see. That sure looks like fun...

So now I need a compact slope model with a bungee hook on the belly.... great.... another one on the list....

PS: That DS on the tree line reminds me of how we would dynamic soar (didn't call it that at the time, called it wind flying) with control line combat models after the engine died. The idea was when the engine started to burp it's last bits of fuel that you would start doing big long figure 8's from low to the ground and pulling up as the model gets to the 4 oclock and 8 oclock positions with the wind coming from 12 oclock and dead downwind being 6 oclock. Done right and adapting to suck the energy out of the wind you could fly till dark as long as you didn't vary at all. Those lines were very draggy ya know..

It just never occured to me that the principle is the same here... :stupid: