RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hanger 9 p-51 mustang **Trainer?!?**
Old 09-21-2006, 07:19 AM
RedTwilight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hanger 9 p-51 mustang **Trainer?!?**

I got a 4-way wrench from the hobby shop that had 2 ends for prop nuts and 2 ends for glow plugs. And I found several cheap tools that came in handy from Wal-Mart. These included Metric and Standard Allen wrenches, Philips and flat head screwdrivers, precision screwdrivers (like for eyeglasses, watches, electronics, etc.), a ratchet driver, a small adjustable wrench, and slip-joint pliers and other pliers; all for right around $1.00 each. Also don't forget some zip ties, rubber bands, velcro, tape, and some small bungee cords. Though not necessary they have all came in handy.

You might even get lucky like I did and get a field box for free. My instructor had several laying around and gave me one. He also gave me an electric fuel pump and a power panel.[&:] I did offer to pay him for it but he just wouldn't let me.

I haven't had the need for a starter or chicken stick yet. With the flywheel still on the Evo motor is very easy to start. Just a quick flip and puuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Though it probably would be safer to have one of these at least.