RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Liberty Sport Building Manual???
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 01:51 PM
aenigma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Liberty Sport Building Manual???

Well Tommygun just said he snapped his wings in a snap roll(pardon the pun) because he didn't have flying wires.So you probably would want to use them, unless you plan on flying it very scale, and fighting the urge to do anything crazy.Tommygun, do you mean stress cracks that didn't actually cause your plane to crash, or a complete break?

And speaking of crashing, my Liberty Sport went in a few weeks ago.I had the CG wrong, it was too tail heavy and I was flying it that way anyways because I wasn't sure if it really was or not.At first I was assuming it was nose heavy because if I pushed forward the tail would kind of pull forward real fast so I figured "oh must be nose heavy which is why the nose is dropping so quick" doh more like it is tail heavy and the weight is giving it momentum to snap forward.But anyways the CG being that way caused it to tip stall easily and I was coming in for a landing when it started drifting in toward me because it dog walks due to many different things involving a crooked rudder, warped wings and the wings being mounted sideways because the holes weren't drilled right.I thought no big deal I will just go full throttle and turn away from me and go around foor another landing, so I went full throttle turned away and pulled up a little bit and bam it tip stalled and rolled right into the ground, and no amount of opposite aileron would get it out of that.I forgot if I tried to counteract with rudder to try to get it to snap back the other way though.The funny thing is that it broke both wings and the fuselage but the prop surviced and it was full throttle into the ground.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel, the wings are back together and the chunk from the fuselage(and the landing gear which got ripped off) are all epoxied back in place.Now I just need to find the right color of paint to patch the silk span, but I can't find it.So I am kind of holding off on it for now.Plus I am a bit gun shy, I hated seeing that one go in.Such a pretty plane, and it flew pretty good for being all crooked!