RCU Forums - View Single Post - My "AMA vs. Helicopter Pilots" rant ignore, if you hate rants & helictopers
Old 09-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: My "AMA vs. Helicopter Pilots" rant ignore, if you hate rants & helictopers

It wasn't that long ago that MA had what I thought was going to be a full time heli column. I don't have any idea what happened to it. Perhaps the person scheduled to write it had other items to tend to that required that time.

Althought the gentleman that set the new speed record had a rather small spot, I found it quite interesting. As a plank flyer that only flys small electric helis because they are inexpensive to repair I though it was pretty neat that the record was done with an electric.

There are a lot of aspects of our flying hobby that get the short shrift periodically but all we can do is either write an editorial long enough to look like a feature article or stand by and wait. Those that are knowledgable about helicopters in their many facets and that can write descriptively and well should do so. Ya never know, you might be offered a regular writing job if you can.