RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-rex 450 SE vs HDX 450 SE
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Intrepid175

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-rex 450 SE vs HDX 450 SE

ORIGINAL: oldschool269

good review bud,

let us know when you 3D it .. i wanted one of these but ended up with a trex se , just because the L H S stocked gear for it .. and i didnt have to go overseas for everything , but dude , im jelous that (especially the silver) HDX450 kit is just choice.

jason
Hi Jason,

Will do. My friend has already done some 3D with his. It seems to perform very well in that regard, at least as good as the T-Rex's I've seen. The collective timing is different from the 60/90 size birds he's used to flying so it's taken him a little time to get used to that. On a side note, my friend has been having what we have now discovered to be some transmitter problems. He recently plowed, and I mean "plowed" his HDX from about 40 feet up, nose down, straight into concrete. We were both totally amazed at how well the model took the impact. Of course, all the standard stuff was bent or broken. The cross shaft, main shaft, flybar, etc. He fractured the main frames, thought he could probably repair them with a little CA as they weren't completely broken, just cracked in a couple of places. Ultimately, he chose not to do that. He told me this morning that his cost to rebuild, including both main frames and the rotor blades was between $50 & $60. I think we're going to like flying these!

As for me, I'm not as good a 3D pilot but can generally get away with stuff like for/aft cyclic flips. I'll offer whatever impressions I can when I get her flying!

Fly Safe,
Steve R.