RCU Forums - View Single Post - My "AMA vs. Helicopter Pilots" rant ignore, if you hate rants & helictopers
Old 09-30-2006, 06:16 AM
carwood444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My "AMA vs. Helicopter Pilots" rant ignore, if you hate rants & helictopers

Although I am in total agreement with what you are saying, if you look at the age of a fair amount of the modelers a trend seems to appear. I would guess a fair majority are over sixty. I have no idea of the age of the people that write the articles for MA but my guess is they probably fall into that same age group.

Now that is not a bad thing. but it may reflect to a certain extent what the people that write for MA write about. Keep in mind I am not a spring chicken either.

The other thing that may come into play concerning the articles that appear in MA is that younger people may not have the time it takes to sit down and write articles. A retired person may be able to have the time to do this. Most younger people are probably working way to many hours do devote the time needed to write. To clarify that last statement I am sure most people that are involved with RC have to work to support their hobby. I could be way off base here, I have no idea how articles are submitted to MA to be published.