RCU Forums - View Single Post - My "AMA vs. Helicopter Pilots" rant ignore, if you hate rants & helictopers
Old 09-30-2006, 06:33 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My "AMA vs. Helicopter Pilots" rant ignore, if you hate rants & helictopers

My problem with it is that while they do occasionally post articles regarding all different types of model aviation,
the articles tend to be centered around ONE persons scratch-built plane instead of about current model aviation.

I fly both fixed and rotory models. But Im not re-living yesteryear. Honestly, how many of us are going to build
one of the ancient "featured" planes with plans. I have NEVER seen one single aircraft plan in that mag that I even remotely wanted to build.
90% of it is 1940's era planes that fly like garbage.

How about plans for a nice new pattern bird, or perhaps a 3D plane.

I mean come on...do we honestly need another Daddy Rabbit. Sure it may have been a great plane 30 years ago, but now....I can buy just about any sport model that will fly circles around that thing. They are poo. They fly like poo. Trying to get the model aviation public to fly those is like Burt Rutan trying to get the X-prize with a Curtiss Jenny.
We are in 2006, show us the new stuff. SPA keeps trying to tell us "the old pattern planes fly great", NO!!!! they dont, compared with the planes of today, they are lead sleds with no maneuverability. ITS CRAP! Garbage Garbage Garbage. Put plans in there for a 2m Brio or a 25% Edge 540, and watch what happens. Ill bet they actually "sell" a copy.

If Im going to skip all the terrific ARF's out there and scratch build something from plans, I want a plane that will keep up with the ARF's, otherwise its not worth the trouble.
Scratch-building a Daddy Rabbit, when I can call tower and get a plane that will smoke that daddy rabbit....thanks...Ill call tower.

Its nice that they finally gave the electrics some page space, but once again they've filled it with old flat bottom wing non-aerobatic models that are suitable
for circle flying and thats about it. Sheesh...at least give us something with ailerons. You'd think MA never heard of a 4 channel radio.