View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Fred
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GSP Giles 202

Hi bobz I will get a picture and post it ,,it was easy to do,,all so on all 3 of these I had to adjust the wing tube mount to make it square , I have also had to redo the servo boxs ( all of them ),,they are not glued in very well,,,Oh and a the real biggie is the tube in the wing !! I lost one in a crash when it pulled through the foam and out the top of the wing ,,Wish I had seen the Hemple vid before it happened ,,LOL,,,, I was flying my latest one and noticed the wing would squeak when sliding it on the tube,,after about 60 flights ,,I have been practicing the advanced sequence for IMAC,,lots of out side snaps,,My fix was to drill a 1/8 hole about mid way down the wing on the bottom side ( wish I had done it before I covered it ) , I thinned some gorilla glue with water and used a surenge to inject it in the hole,be sure to keep an eye on it I used a piece of tape to keep the glue in the wing.,I used about 30cc and I think it would have taken more , but I know how the glue expands , I now have over 150 flights on it no problems . I know this all sounds discouraging ,,But when you get it done you will be very happy with it ,,I know I have done three and if something happens to this one I will do another,,they fly that good !!!!!!!
I hope this helps ,,,I will be glad to answer any questions you have ,,just ask
Have a good day
Fred