RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie's regret -- I think I made a mistake w/2nd plane
Old 10-08-2006, 02:27 PM
eugenefelisco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie's regret -- I think I made a mistake w/2nd plane

Well mine is more devastating than that. I started slowsticks, broke about a dozen gearboxes,6 motors and the finally boom. Then the mini super sportster ep that never left ground totalled the cowl area and front wall. Third is tribute flies great about 50 flights on it. But every flight I have nose landings on grass....YUP every time...so my foamy was almost twice as heavy coz of the epoxy repairs. Lemme think its about 10 gearboxes, 5 brushless, 3 motor mount and 2 fuse spars. Fourth will be airfoilz(not here yet) I really hope this will be my last plane, coz my wife will kill me after that. And when the new plane arrives the tribute will be put to rest(RIP).
I'm about 6 months to this hobbies and look how much money burned. And to really tell you guys I'm not a bad flyer coz I can almost do all tricks in the book without crashing even once.....BUT the mishaps are all landings. The reason for this is I don't have access to pave roads and streets its all grass here.